Loss of shoulder function due to mild or severe pain can be frustrating, especially since you need the shoulder and arm to perform so many different tasks. Luckily, our chiropractor at Sports Chiropractic, Health & Rehab specializes in providing non-invasive shoulder pain treatment to patients in and around Palm Bay, Florida. We can diagnose and treat your pain using all-natural treatment methods that can improve pain and restore mobility.
Shoulder Anatomy and Function
The shoulder is a mobile ball-and-socket joint that allows you to bear weight and move the arm in different directions, for example, reaching outward or overhead. This joint consists of the shoulder blade, collarbone, upper arm bone, and a group of muscles and tendons called the rotator cuff that protect and stabilize the shoulder.
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
Pain attacks the shoulder most often because of a fall, accident or sports injury, overuse, arthritis, strains or sprains from manual labor, or musculoskeletal imbalances in the neck spine. Our chiropractor can help treat pain related to the following common shoulder conditions:
- Rotator cuff tears
- Rotator cuff tendonitis (impingement)
- Adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder)
- Shoulder separation, fracture, or dislocation
Typical Pain Symptoms
A dull, sharp, or disabling pain may occur in the shoulder joint, collarbone, or between the shoulder blades. It may worsen with activities or persist even during rest. Other symptoms are:
- Visible deformity
- Swelling, tenderness, or stiffness
- Difficulty lifting the arm or moving the shoulder
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness in the arm or hand
How Our Chiropractor in Palm Bay will Evaluate and Treat You
A thorough clinical evaluation is done to pinpoint the cause of the symptoms before deciding if chiropractic care is right for you. Your holistic wellness plan could consist of the following treatments designed to optimize pain relief and increase mobility, so you can use your shoulder like normal again.
- Chiropractic Shoulder Adjustment: Separated or dislocated joints and bones can be realigned using a gentle adjustment technique. This usually provides significant pain relief, stabilize the shoulder, reduce inflammation, and relieve joint restrictions.
- Spinal Manipulation: Adjusting the spine corrects misalignment that may be causing pain to radiate to the shoulder. It also relieves numbness and tingling in the arm due to a pinched or irritated cervical nerve.
- Rehabilitative Therapies: Massage therapy along with specific muscle stretches and exercises help to correct muscular imbalances causing pain and discomfort. Rehabilitating the muscles also strengthens the shoulder and improves flexibility.
Manage Your Shoulder Pain with Chiropractic Care
If your shoulder hurts and the pain is getting worse or does not go away, you can visit Sports Chiropractic, Health & Rehab for non-invasive treatment. Getting chiropractic care early can prevent loss of mobility and reduce the risk of surgery. Please call our Palm Bay clinic at 321-586-7145 to schedule an appointment.